REQUEST FOR BIDS
RFP 2021-08 EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES
Closes 12/10/21 @ 2 PM
· What has the fee been for the last 3 audit periods?
ANSWER Progress billing for auditing services was $25,000 for 2020,
$24,900 for 2019 and $24,500 for 2018.
· Were there any additional billings and if so, what were they for?
ANSWER No additional billings for calls, emails or questions.
· Is the CRA included in the proposal? Is the individual CRA audit
included in this proposal?
ANSWER CRA for Lake Placid have yet to meet the specified $100,000
threshold specified in Section 163.387(8)(a), Florida Statutes.
· One part of the RFP indicates the Town will prepare the financial
statements, but another part is requesting the auditor to prepare. Can you
clarify who would be responsible for preparing the Annual Financial
ANSWER: Sorry for the confusion. The auditor will be expected to prepare
the Annual Financial Comprehensive Reports.
· Could you provide the most recent completed CAFR?
ANSWER 2020 Annual Financial Comprehensive Report is attached.
· Is a single audit typically not necessary?
ANSWER The Town does not normally meet the requirement for a
single audit. The last single audit was performed in 2017 and before that
· Please confirm this proposal is for the first period under audit of
ANSWER This proposal for auditing services is for the fiscal year
ending 9/30/22. Changing auditors this close to the end of a fiscal year
is not a standard we practice.
https://www.mylakeplacid.org/towndocs/RFP/2020 Town of Lake Placid,